Because of the heavy rains last night, the roads going to my office in Pasay were still flooded as of early morning today. As a result, I was not able to report.
But since I have two major reports to submit today, I was forced to work at home. I have just submitted the 2nd report through email and I came to the realization that working at home is more stressful actually than working in the office.
- I was working with limited resources (only soft copy materials are available because they’re the ones you can easily send thru emails)
- It’s hard to give instructions to staff to dig into your office files if you are not pretty sure where they are kept (hehe)
- You feel double pressure when the boss calls you up to follow up on a rush document
- Coordination is difficult .
- And lastly, you can’t enjoy being at home if you are working!
So there. It’s raining hard again and the wind is trying to knock down our plants outside. A warm blanket and a warm hug is all I need right now.