I found about KKK through the very helpful forum, Weddings at Work (W@W). Ms. Benz (W@W’s administrator) emailed the group about the promo being offered by KKK which is an on-the-day (OTD) wedding coordination services at P5,000.00.
I immediately shot an email to Chillette of KKK and we set a meeting sometime in August last year. Unlike other brides who were apprehensive at getting 1st-time coordinators (as opposed to those who have been in the industry for long), I found it challenging to work with a new group because I believe that: (a) their energy and passion will be high, since they have to impress clients to be able to build up their portfolio, (b) they will be more meticulous in details (and will not do shortcuts), (c) they will be working more with the couple rather than “dictating” what they should do and not do.
With these parameters in mind, and after interviewing KKK also at our initial meeting, we booked them.
And because the wedding then was still 9 months away, I expected that they will make themselves “felt” by us at around February of 2011 (because the wedding is in May 2011).
But KKK proved me wrong. Chillette and I became email buddies and would exchange emails every now and then. The gesture may be informal, but I found that very helpful and calming as well because I know that she is just there, a click away, if ever I have questions or clarifications to make.
Early on, KKK has informed us that there will only be 2 meetings for OTD services: the initial meeting and the final (or turn-over) meeting. I actually thought I could bend the rules (because I won the promo and was one of their pioneer clients) and asked if we could meet in April to “partially” finalized the details (I planned to schedule one again in May to finalize everything). I was kinda disappointed when Chillette told me that a meeting in February would be okey but it may be the last.
I decided to schedule the final meeting in May instead and went on with the rest of the preps. Then it dawned on me that my coordinators were right: it would be better to schedule one last final meeting a few weeks before the wedding to ensure that all the materials to be turned over were ready and the details (entourage, wedding accessories, etc.) complete. So when we had our last meeting, it was a very fruitful one and the minor logistical gaps in the church and reception ceremonies were taken care of by KKK.
It was a smooth sail from there. I took a break from the preps after I have turned everything to KKK and I was able to relax until my wedding day.
KKK (led by Lyn, the assigned coordinator to me which happens to be Chillette’s twin sister), did superbly well during the church and wedding reception. There was not an inch of stress etched on my face nor did I feel any during the entire day.
Let me count the reasons why:
1. Lyn (with hubby Joseph and another coordinator who’s name escapes me at the moment) took care of informing my entourage days before the wedding to come early to the church. There were a few who were late (including some of my readers) but the ceremony went on smoothly and seamlessly because Lyn was able to coordinate and re-distribute the assignments among those present in the ceremony. And oh, there were no mix-up of flowers for my entourage (happy!).
2. They were able to distribute all the tokens for the principal and secondary sponsors. They were the ones who suggested when is the best time to do so and am glad I listened to them.
3. They followed all my instructions! (from the reception lay-out to the programme coordination). Great job here!
4. The ushering of the guests to their tables and trips to the buffet were very orderly. Our seat plan did help very much and am sure some assistance from KKK helped too.
5. Lyn stayed close to the couple’s table so we had no hard time getting messages and instructions to and from our spot. She also made sure that we were given food immediately when we arrived at the Pergola’s lounge before the start of the programme.
6. The turn-over of all props was very, very systemic and organized. Everything was intact – from the wedding accessories to the reception and game props.
7. On our way to the reception (from church), Lyn informed me of a little miscommunication about the 2nd projector we rented through Pergola. She was very calm when she relayed the news to me. This helped me make a decision on the spot without getting stressed at all. We decided to go with the single projector at the venue and am glad that it was placed at a spot that could be seen by those at the back.
8. This should have been mentioned earlier: the KKK team arrived just right at Hotel Celeste to pick up the things for the church and reception. It was raining that day so I kinda expected that they’ll be late. Lyn kept me posted as to their location, so there was no stress at all.
9. They really helped in facilitating our reception programme. The programme was smooth and orderly too.
10. Last and this is the best I like about them – they had no airs and were not demanding organizers (unlike other seasoned organizers who wants to control everything). We were a team that night – KKK, me and AJ. As a result, I got the wedding that I dreamed of and up to know I hear praises of how organized it was and how great the food were (that’s another story).
I really love this group. Thanks guys! You helped make my dream wedding come true.
Service: VERY SATISFACTORY!
Price: VERY, VERY AFFORDABLE! (got them at their promo rate of P5,000)